So, like everyone who is ignoring the celebrity status of Twitter, I’m working with a team to see if using a Twitter-like tool in the internal work environment is a good idea.
Below are the questions being raised. Let me know your thoughts.
1. Using the twitter platform (public) would expose internal content to the external world.
2. Asking IT to build an internal twitter application would be costly and would not happen quickly.
3. Adding to the information clutter
4. Employees wouldn’t want to follow an executive (someone said they would think less of an exec who was spending time doing this in our industry)
5. Advised more of a peer-to-peer approach.
6. Advised a pilot program with summer interns or some group like that.
7. Question of whether there would be a appetite for “business-related tweets” (e.g. someone in your field) or “play by play” of their daily life at work.
What do you think?